Forum & Social Media Rules
The Living With CAH Forum and Social Media Groups
The CAH Support Group provides:
1) An online Forum (Living With CAH online forum) which anybody can sign up to. There is no approval process to sign up to the Forum.
2) A Signal Group for members of the CAH Support Group. There is an approval process to sign up to the Signal Group which is administered by the CAH Support Group.
The following rules apply to both the Forum and Signal Group unless stated and we must all abide by them in order to help protect our community.
If you think a someone has broken any of the rules, you should let an Administrator or Moderator know. Alternatively, you can let a member of the CAH Support Group Committee know via our ‘Meet the team’ page, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using either of the platforms listed above:
1) You accept that:
If you choose to disclose sensitive or personal information on the Forum or Signal Group, you agree that you do so of your own accord and that the CAH Support Group cannot be held responsible for its use or interpretation by other Forum or Signal Group users.
The Forum and Signal Group are for social purposes and not intended for medical advice or assistance. Treatment methods vary and so all questions should be directed to your individual consultant or medical professional.
- The CAH Support Group do not check or moderate every post/comment/message before it is published, and therefore is not liable for the content of these.
- The use of our Forum or Signal Group by anyone under 18 years of age or deemed a ‘vulnerable individual’ is subject to the consent and guidance of their parent or guardian.
- The CAH Support Group will do its best to identify any possible breaches of these rules and, if deemed necessary, may take action as soon as is reasonably possible – including but not limited to: issuing a warning to you, deleting or editing posts/comments/messages, terminating Forum or Signal Group membership, or disclosing information to authorities we deem appropriate.
- These rules may change at any time, so you should periodically check them and take notice of any changes.
- Some of the provisions contained in these rules may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
- All posts/comments/messages must:
- Be accurate (when stating facts).
- Be genuinely held (when stating opinions).
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Not be offensive in any way
- Not be copied or used outside of the Forum or Signal Group without the permission of the originator.
- Comply with the detailed rules set out below in sections 2 and 3.
2) All posts/comments/messages must NOT promote or contain any material which is:
- Defamatory of any person.
- Illegal or fraudulent, or likely to lead to or assist in illegal or fraudulent activity.
- Misleading or unreliable, or likely to deceive any person.
- Obscene, offensive, violent, hateful, inflammatory or sexually explicit.
- Discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, annoy or inconvenience any other person.
- Threatening, abusive or invasive of another’s privacy.
- Known to contain viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- In breach of any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- For the purpose of sending any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or for your own commercial or business purposes.
- In breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
3) Further, all posts/comments/messages must NOT:
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from The CAH Support Group, if this is not the case.
- Contain any content which results in The CAH Support Group being in breach of the law.
- Be used, repeated or copied outside of the Forum or Signal Group unless permission has been gained from the originator